Welcome to your 2. month curriculum! I encourage you to check out the new lessons even if you are not entirely done with the previous month exercises and etudes. The only reason you should put the new lessons on hold if you feel that they are too complicated.
(Lesson 84 – Lesson 85)
- Left-hand Accompaniment
- 1 Etude, 6 Variations (Lead Sheet)
- 1 Etude, 6 Variations (Sheet Music)
- How to use Broken Chords?
(From Lesson 86 to Lesson 92)
- 5 Common Beginners Mistakes
- 2 Common Intermediate Mistakes
- Short Phrases
- Different Orders
- Chord Tones
- Chord Tones (more examples)
- Vary the Register
- Vary the Register (more examples)
- 2. Month Intermediate Essentials
(From Lesson 93 to Lesson 96)
II. Jazz Beginner Routines
Major Triad Etude
- Right Hand – Octaves
- Left Hand – Octaves
- Arpeggios: Right Hand – Octaves
- Arpeggios: Left Hand – Octaves
I recommend you to learn all the lessons one by one starting from the top. Work on all the additional exercises too, so all the new information and knowledge has the chance to sink deeper. There are more lessons in your second-month intermediate curriculum, you can check them out too, but those are mainly for jazz beginners (or jazz intermediate players). However, this is a well-rounded practice routine for an intermediate student. All you have to do is stick to the plan and practice every day, even if your ego says that you should practice more things. If you have the feeling that it would be difficult to follow through this program, I recommend you to send me your progress every week. I will give you feedback and help you to keep on track.